3.8 release plans

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:19:03 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> If you want to contribute any last-minute fixes, here's the checklist:
>
> http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/versions/4

Hello

Although this is not in the checklist, I'd like to point out a commit
that has not made it into the tree yet

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2671

It concerns pflogd and resolves the issue that when pflogd starts, it
does not recognize the previous log file at /var/log/pflog. The reason
is that it uses the wrong struct when scanning the log file upon
startup. The commit simply brings in changes from FreeBSD's version of
pflogd; the only essential bit of that commit is at line @@ -372,7
+381,7. The other changes are non-essential to the problem and can be
discarded; they just make the code more similar to FreeBSD's version.

To reproduce the issue, start pflogd, let it write to the log file and
then stop it. Start again and see a file appear

/var/log/pflog.bad.xxxxx

This is the old logfile that pflog thinks is corrupt; it isn't actually.

I tested the commit on 3.8.0RC and it works fine. After applying the
patch pflogd does recognize the previous logfile and continues writing
to it.

Something I noticed at 3.8.0RC: at boot, the kernel complains that it
cannot find

/boot/kernel/acpi
/boot/kernel/ehci

and they are not loaded.