libunwind can not compiled on dfly 3.6.2

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Sun May 18 09:04:55 PDT 2014

On 5/18/2014 15:10, k simon wrote:
> Hi,Lists,
>   As I have not found libunwind packages on dport nor pkgsrc, so I
> compiles it on dfly 3.6.2, but it's failed as below:
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in /root/kf/libunwind-1.1
>
>   I need libunwind as somebody told me tcmalloc should compiled with
> libunwind on 64 bit platforms. Is it correctly ?  I plan to test squid
> with tcmalloc and swapcache+UFS recently.:)

I confirm that it does not build on 3.6 or 3.7 either and never has:
http://muscles.dragonflybsd.org/latest-failures/logs/errors/libunwind-20121006.log

This is why it is not in dports - the barrier to entry is that the port
has to build on x86-64/master branch.

I won't be looking at this any time soon.  If you come up with a good
patch you can submit it at https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/issues
and we'll get it into dports.

John