new user - quick test of dragonflybsd

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Sun May 4 00:22:41 PDT 2014

examples are

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA3MDA

that shows very slow test of uncompressing large tarball. I observed the
reverse - uncompressing large tarball to hammer filesystem is VERY fast
relative to UFS.

other is here

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=dragonfly_hammer&num=2

i've seen some other test before that make me completely ignore
DragonflyBSD hammer filesystem.

the final thought would be - do your own tests and don't believe anyone.

by the way i've read somewhere that Matt planned to include database like
functionality in hammer filesystem directly - simply to allow btree
structure to be used for any databases. (TO BE CLEAR - no SQL)

Would be great to have it and use it as database handler for harbour.