ACPI errors

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Mar 27 11:20:02 PDT 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:42:32 +0100, Andrey Oktyabrskiy <ano at bestmx.net>
wrote:

> I updated my homeserver to master yesterday. Tons of these errors in
> messages:
> ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\\_GPE._L03] (Node
> 0xffffffe005f089c0), AE_AML_MUTEX_ORDER (20140214/psparse-553)
> ACPI Exception: AE_AML_MUTEX_ORDER, while evaluating GPE method [_L03]
> (20140214/evgpe-631)
> ACPI Error: Cannot acquire Mutex for method [SX30], current SyncLevel is
> too large (1) (20140214/dsmethod-390)

Andrey,

on this box, can you remove the hw.acpi.auto_serialize_methods=0 from your
/boot/loader.conf again and try rebuilding with this ACPICA upgrade
instead?

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/0001-WIP-ACPICA-20140325.patch

It should fix the issue. From the changes.txt:

Updated the auto-serialize feature for control methods. This feature
automatically serializes all methods that create named objects in order
to prevent runtime errors. The update adds support to ignore the
currently executing AML SyncLevel when invoking such a method, in order
to prevent disruption of any existing SyncLevel priorities that may exist
in the AML code. Although the use of SyncLevels is relatively rare, this
change fixes a regression where an AE_AML_MUTEX_ORDER exception can
appear on some machines starting with the 20140214 release.

Regards,
Sascha