Authentication with LDAP on DragonFly BSD

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 06:14:12 PDT 2014

Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 10:44:08AM -0400, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> >
> > I assume on DF? Could you please post short howto if authentication with
> > LDAP works on LDAP?
>
> I used the documentation on http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/setup
>
> > I personally do not care one or another way (OpenBSD
> > uses ypldap and works like a charm). It was earlier suggested on this
> > mailing list that LDAP should the same way on DF as on Free or NetBSD.
> > Since I do not currently have any NetBSD machines I went FreeBSD way.
>
> LDAP setup should be quite similar on most modern Unix-like systems. I

That is not my experience at least from the user prospective. Setting
LDAP client on Red Hat, FreeBSD/FreeNAS, and OpenBSD are very different.
Red Hat has SSSD infrastructure, FreeBSD uses vanila PAM, and OpenBSD
uses ypldapd and has not even a single bit of PAM infrastructure.

> remember using Debian instructions when I encountered a minor problem.
>
> You could also install nss_ldap manually now that it is in dports.

I have you missed my e-mail yesterday. I used dports.