DragonFly 3.8 on Sony VAIO notebook with SSD?

Alex Blake ablake1 at acm.org
Sat Jun 7 17:08:18 PDT 2014

Thanks! I did as you suggested and tried the DragonFly 3.8 IMG on the notebook today. Worked like a charm. Always believed that a  little courage goes a long way. So, rather than beat around the bush much longer, I ventured the install. At first, I got a lot of AHCI timeout errors, but they seemed to resolve on their own.

Eventually, though, I landed at the install menu (hallelujah!) and went all in. The installation seemed to be going well, if a bit slowly, until it bailed with a kernel dump. If I weren’t such a proponent—indeed, an exponent—of DragonFly, the whole affair would’ve been tragic. I’d rather that DragonFly were an owner (rather than renter) on this notebook, but it’ll do while I study for my cert.

Thanks, again.
Alex