The technology, for example, the Web and Internet will be different if the DragonFly BSD replace today FreeBSD?

B. Estrade estrabd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 09:40:11 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:02 AM, tridente 1 <tridente1 at outlook.com> wrote:
> The technology, for example, the Web and Internet will be different if the
> DragonFly BSD replace today  FreeBSD?

Taking in the overall contributions of DragonFlyBSD (e.g., vkernels,
SMP, HAMMER), I would say it depends on from whose perspective you're
judging.  DFBSD might provide more interesting options for a cloud
infrastructure provider or for greater scaling on very larger SMP
machines. In terms of the role FreeBSD plays as an integral part of
the Internet's make up (e.g., mail routing, dns, etc), I would say it
would be indistinguishable.

Brett