Using swapcache to speed up external disk writes?

PeerCorps Trust Fund ipc at peercorpstrust.org
Wed Dec 17 02:35:31 PST 2014

Ha! Thanks for this. I actually set it up yesterday only to get a critical error notice that the external disk just couldn't keep up (my translation of the jargon it spit out). I had to stop the transfer and make a hard restart of the laptop.

I am using a Thinkpad x200 and do intend on upgrading it via expresscard to USB 3.0. The external disk itself is USB 3.0 2 terabyte drive.

FreeBSD was tested previously and works well. My draw to Dragonfly's is related to its NFS performance which seems to be consistently faster in my testing. I was also keen to experiment more with HAMMER outside of a virtual system. HAMMER's lower resource requirements are also a strong draw.