Which Firewall?

Matthias Rampke matthias.rampke at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:51:01 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014, 22:06 Jeremy <dyre17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> (BTW, that openbsd pf faq link may be too current for the version of pf
in dragonfly. Just a hunch)

It is. Among other things, the NAT syntax changed radically after DF PF was
forked. QoS has also changed in OpenBSD recently and that FAQ link is
always the latest version so it diverges more and more.

When was pf imported in DragonFly? I think it would be wise to import the
pf FAQ of that OpenBSD version into DragonFly and update it. That would
make it much easier to determine which is more suited.

Another point I would be curious about … can you use them side by side? If
so, in what order are rules applied then?

I think the OPs questions are quite valid.

/MR