Issues with upgrading lang/python27

Sven Gaerner sgaerner at gmx.net
Tue Aug 26 13:37:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I pulled the latest updates from the dports repository and run
portmaster to upgrade the ports.

Unfortunately building python27 failed to build. I tried a clean build,
checked the patches, but everything looks good - as far as I can see.

I also added this [1] patch that should fix problems building python27 if it
is already installed.

[1] https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/lang/python27/files/patch-issue21166?revision=365708&view=markup

But the build still fails with the same error:

--- pybuilddir.txt ---
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/obj/dports/lang/python27/work/Python-2.7.8 ./python
-E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars ; if test $? -ne 0 ; then  echo
"generate-posix-vars failed" ;  rm -f ./pybuilddir.txt ;  exit 1 ;  fi