installed but no network

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Apr 4 03:02:17 PDT 2014

On 4/4/2014 11:42, Ludo Beckers wrote:
> I installed dfly-86_64-3.6.1_REL.iso on a spare PC.
> Everything went ok, except that - just like earlier this week when I
> tried in VirtualBox - there's no network and I'm once again stuck at
> this point.
>
> I don't intend to abuse this list by asking for hands-on help; I'm
> willing to go through the documentation and get there by trial and error.
> I do need a good starting point for someone who knows nothing about
> networks or domains and all that.
>
> I can tell you that /etc/resolv.conf looks like this:
> search be
>
> It clearly shows I hadn't a clue what I was doing when trying to set up
> the network.
> Is there something I should retry with the CD first, or otherwise can
> someone send me the link for the right documentation (Network for
> Dummies?) please?

When you did the installation, do you specially execute the install
network option?  There is an option to configure any found network cards
with DHCP.  There are additional, optional installation steps you can,
it's offered after the main installation.

You could also paste the contents of /etc/rc.conf and that would tell
everyone how you configured your network card or if it's not configured
at all.

John