LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Tue Apr 1 01:37:18 PDT 2014

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:35:59 +0200, Predrag Punosevac
<punosevac72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The server is currently configured as RAID 6 and LSI Logic / Symbios
> Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208. Does anyone have experience with DragonFly
> using above  RAID card? Obviously I would like to use Hammer. In
> particular has anybody being able to run Mega Storage CLI or graphical
> one for FreeBSD on DragonFly?

Predrag,

can you give us the PCI ID of that controller? It should be either mfi(4)
or mps(4) driver, depending on the Firmware.

I have used LSI's CLI tool in the past but it was with a i386 linux binary
in Linux emulation (which isn't available in for x86_64 yet).

If the card turns out to be supported by mfi(4), there is, as someone else
already noted, the mfiutil(8) for configuring it.

Sascha