what's mean waitport/waitmsg

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 00:44:36 PDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM, k simon <chio1990 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,   Ziehau
>
>    Yes, you are right. Not only netisr_cpu 2, and netisr_cpu 0-7 else.
>
> And my box’s version
> # uname -a
> DragonFly sq-l1-n2-df 3.4-RELEASE DragonFly v3.4.3.16.g5011f5-RELEASE #0:
> Wed Oct 23 16:44:28 CST 2013     root at sq-l1-n2-df:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
>  x86_64
>
>     As a high load for IO and network load system, can I tuning something
> for make it better?

As for the TCP network load, you probably want to try the latest master, on
which I have improved connect(2) performance greatly (both blocking and
non-blocking).  And Dillon also has done great amount of work to improve
system overall performance in the latest master.  One thing need to note is
that you probably want to search in the mail archive for the 3.4 -> master
upgrading information, since master now defaults to dports and libc has
gone through significant changes.

Best Regards,
sephe

--