Desktop user feedback

charles charles at bsd.zplay.eu
Thu Nov 7 07:57:17 PST 2013

Hello,

I don't write often on the mailing list, but this time I wanted to share
with you my feelings about Dragonfly BSD. I've been following the
project since a few years, trying regularly every new release.

I've seen the 3.6 version will be released soon, so I used a daily build
to try it out, and WOW ! One sentence could resume it all: I can use
KDE4 on my intel laptop, and even restart X.

The switch to "pkgng" is very nice, I could had installed everything
easily, no need to find a repository or configure the tool. No need to
install the ports.
The desktop performance is amazing, it's very smooth, even when
installing packages or copying data from the network. I just tried
OpenBSD 5.4 before, and the system just hangs when you access the disk
too much.

I just want to thanks everyone who worked hard on this version !  Keep
up the good work !

--
Charles RAPENNE