install git from dports failed

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Nov 7 00:34:00 PST 2013

On 11/7/2013 09:24, Andrey Oktyabrskiy wrote:
> On 07.11.2013 11:46, John Marino wrote:
>>
>> Are you using pkg-1.1.4_8 ?
>> (check with "pkg info pkg")
> $ pkg info pkg
> pkg-1.1.4_1
>
>> If it's not that version, go to /usr/dports/ports-mgmt/pkg and:
>>> make clean
>>> make deinstall
>>> make install clean
> Does not help. Must I reinstall all packages, not ports-mgmt/pkg only?

It must have helped because 1.1.4_1 can not support the latest dports.
In fact, any port you built is probably invalid.

> Though, what asciidoc.conf I need? And where it must be? It was in the
> /usr/pkg/share/asciidoc/asciidoc.conf (I have renamed /usr/pkg to
> /usr_pkg before bootstarapping dports). Now I haven't any asciidoc.conf
> in /usr/local.

You don't need to do any of that.  ports are self-contained.

> dports was downloaded yesterday (make dports-create).

Honestly, since you somehow had an obsolete version of package, I would
"pkg rm -a", remove everything, and rebuild everything again.  I suspect
you got a ton of errors at the install stage.

Or, wait a few more hours and the first set of DFLY 3.6-RELEASE binary
packages will be published for x86-64.  Then you can just download them.

John