Crash/DDB on DragonFly 3.6rc when loading radeonkms

Sven Gaerner sgaerner at gmx.net
Sun Nov 17 05:59:37 PST 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 11:09:19PM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 03:30:00PM +0100, Sven Gaerner wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 10:29:10PM -0500, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> > > Crashes, or it's a black screen?  This sounds kind of like this:
> > It's going into ddb and it's also occurring without starting Xorg.
> > Just loading the module with raise ddb.
>
> Radeonkms is far from stable yet; the default Xorg drivers should still
> be non-kms aware for now and thus avoid any kind of trouble.

Ok, thanks for clarification. I just installed Xorg from dports and also
the xf86-video-ati driver that I used before. Then I noticed the panic and
searched for the reason. I then noticed that the panic also occurred when
just loading the module.

I read about the incomplete KMS support but thought it might work if the
module is build.

So using the radonhd driver works for me and I have a stable running
system.

Sven