File Server Recommendation

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Nov 14 06:55:06 PST 2013

I was asking this same question in IRC a few days ago.  The answer from
several different people was SuperMicro passive drive bays.  I think that's
these products:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/storage.cfm

I imagine you could set up individual drive master-slave sets with Hammer
and effectively duplicate whole disks in case of drive failure, without
going to actual hardware RAID.  However!  I have not actually tried this,
so please be careful with your purchasing decisions based on the testimony
of some idiot on a mailing list.  (i.e. me)