X not working after upgrade to 3.4

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue May 14 09:46:03 PDT 2013

I don't see anything in the log that shows an error - it just dies.  I
don't know what's causing it.  As for switching out the driver:

pkg_delete xf86-video-intel

and then

pkg_add -r http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/packages/i386/DragonFly-3.2/pkgsrc-2012Q3/All/xf86-video-intel-2.7.1nb6.tgz

Would remove the newer driver and add back the old intel video driver.
 I'm not 100% sure this will work; pkgsrc might complain about the old
diver having version dependencies that aren't met by the other
software.

If it doesn't help, you can repeat those steps but add this newer
version for 3.4 back in, with a pkg_add -r :

http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/packages/i386/DragonFly-3.4/stable/All/xf86-video-intel-2.7.1nb6.tgz