Installed latest version 3.4, no mouse, firefox 19.0.2 not compiling, any advice or suggestions?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Wed May 8 05:42:14 PDT 2013

On 5/8/2013 14:16, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> I am unfamiliar with pkgsrc as to update the tree, in FreeBSD, we use
> portsnap fetch * to update the tree, but here I am kind of lost.  I
> know that there exits dport but I prefer the ports tree structure so I
> want to use pkgsrc but if there is an idiot proof way to install
> firefox then I am all ears.

dports is exactly like freebsd ports in structure, so I'm not making the
logical jump "and so this is why I want to use pkgsrc instead" with you.

moreover, all these packages are already built in both pkgsrc and dports.

Maybe you think dports is binary only?  You can build from source just
like FreeBSD although its usually unnecessary.

If you are already familiar with FreeBSD, then you may be familiar with
"pkg".  You would just need to install the binary firefox package (and
xorg, etc).