how to get mouse working?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 04:50:51 PDT 2013

Dear sir,

I have tried that option which I had done before to get a mouse, but
that was a ps2 mouse and not a usb mouse so it does not work :(

``Its probably because of X using hal

Add:

Option "AllowEmptyInput" "Off"

to the server section in xorg.conf ''
as in the thread referenced below:

Post 24:  http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3324

Hal is installed as xfce pulled it in :(  A relevant part of
/var/log/Xorg.0.log shows that
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse0"
(**) |-->Input Device Keyboard0"
(==) Not automatically adding devices
(==) Not automatically enabling devices

I cannot put in a PS2 mouse because the machine only has usb slots and
one PS2 for the keyboard :(

Any pointers other than the /dev/sysmouse or the /etc/rc.conf
moused_enable="YES" which sadly have no effect are appreciated and
will be tried out.

Best Regards,

Antonio