polling opinions: how much QT3/KDE3.5 to preserve in dports this July?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Sun Jun 2 05:36:14 PDT 2013

On 6/2/2013 14:22, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Sunday, June 02, 2013 13:39:10 Francois Tigeot wrote:
>> I meant /usr/local/kde4/bin has to be added to the default PATH.
>>
>> Having to type the complete path for binaries is an issue in my book;
>> regular applications don't need it.
>
> Pkgsrc doesn't do this. KDE4 binaries are in /usr/pkg/bin just like other
> installed package binaries.

I'm not sure how this fact is pertinent for dports.
All it implies is that the base kde4 directory can be /usr/local/ rather
than /usr/local/kde4 but that wasn't really in question.

We wouldn't want to customize a set of ports like this.  Each
customization represents extra work for us.  Mostly we are relying on
FreeBSD to do the right thing.  Usually they do.