Trick: How to get i386-only software via dports

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Jun 6 23:43:23 PDT 2013

On 6/7/2013 07:43, Gavin Reade wrote:
> Thanks for that John,
>
> You're absolutely right, I competely missed your point!!!!!  Anyway I
> tried building ghc form dports - it works after a fashion but there was
> no ghci (took days and days as well :-)), so I tried your recipe.  I got
> the following error after "portsnap fetch extract" and then cd in to ghc
> dir in ports;
>

> Stop.
> make: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/ghc

Well, this is possibly one of the worst ports you could have picked as
it requires patches to build on dragonfly.

But this one is in dports, so you didn't need to build from /usr/ports.
1) Why didn't you try building from dports?
2) Why didn't you just use the pre-built binary?  (assumes you aren't on
latest master with newer libc/libm libraries)

John