polling opinions: how much QT3/KDE3.5 to preserve in dports this July?

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Mon Jun 3 09:09:02 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 09:57:58AM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:

> We shouldn't need to keep every QT3 app around, just the ones that get
> used a lot. I only use KDE for development, everything else I do on Windows.
>
> Packages such as:
>
> K3B, KDevelop3, Kaffeine should be kept.

And kpdf (kde-graphics3).
None of the other pdf viewers are able to properly print documents.

It's impossible to fix kde4 IMHO, critical printing bugs have been reported
for years and the KDE developers decided it was not their problem and
repeatedly told users to just go away and stop pestering them.

--
Francois Tigeot