polling opinions: how much QT3/KDE3.5 to preserve in dports this July?

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Sun Jun 2 16:42:20 PDT 2013

On 2/06/2013 9:32 PM, John Marino wrote:
> On 6/1/2013 02:11, Petr Janda wrote:
>> Keep it until it breaks. If the fix is minor keep it a bit longer, but
>> if it will take substantial time to fix, purge it.
>>
>> Just an idea.
>
> But there are two "keep" options.
> 2) only KDE3
> 3) everything needing QT3 including KDE3
>
> So which keep option did you mean?  Obviously option 3 is much more work
> than option 2.

Imo, there's no point keeping KDE3 around if you can't install any QT3 Apps.

If 2) is all you can do and 3) would need more people to handle, I say
purge now, and use your time better with KDE4/QT4 if something needed to
be done.

--
Please use PGP to encrypt your email to ensure our privacy is respected.