polling opinions: how much QT3/KDE3.5 to preserve in dports this July?

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat Jun 1 10:34:17 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 08:46:23AM +0200, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 03:21:54PM +0200, John Marino wrote:
> >
> I get this error trying to pkg install okular:
>
> Checking integrity...pkg: WARNING: locally installed unixODBC-2.3.1 conflicts
> on /usr/local/include/odbcinst.h with:
>         - libiodbc-3.52.8
>
> unixODBC is required by libreoffice.

I can remove this particular error by patching the libreoffice but it's
probably also conflicting with other important package dependencies.

Another issue: kde4 applications don't install their binaries in
/usr/local/bin but /usr/local/kde4/bin.

The default PATH will need to be changed.

--
Francois Tigeot