[DPorts] The only packages available are for DragonFly 3.4

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Jul 23 07:49:54 PDT 2013

On 7/23/2013 16:36, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> How will people know to install that library?
>
> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> When is this necessary?
>>
>> When DragonFly 3.4 libraries are not present, which is typically the
>> case with systems not upgraded but installed from scratch.

This affects bleeding-edge users only.
I think using a snapshop of DragonFly 3.5 comes with the expectation of
things like this.  How will they know?  This thread.  Anyone can point
them back to it.

We should probably seriously advocate using Releases *only* for most
users.  We can't do "release" level of support for dev-branch, so any
users of the current dev branch are expected to be subscribed to this
list. At least that should be our position.  there's a raised
expectation of user knowledge with the dev branch.

John