trouble switching to dports was: iwn & Intel Centrino 6235

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Mon Dec 2 07:13:17 PST 2013

On 12/2/2013 15:54, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Monday, December 02, 2013 15:40:40 Joris Giovannangeli wrote:
>> Not the only one, I've got an issue since I upgraded to 3.7-dev. pkg
>> search returns nothing. I put 3.8 ABI version in pkg.conf, I check the
>> mirror, and I've even deleted the db files and have run pkg update, w/o
>> success.
>
> Did you upgrade the kernel to 3.7 after switching to dports? Were dports
> working before?
>
> My computer just tried to finish building git and got this error:
>
> ===>  Checking if textproc/iso8879 already installed
> xmlcatmgr: failed to open `/usr/local/share/sgml/catalog.ports': No such file

It doesn't matter when you switch kernel or world.  You can just upgrade
or wipe out /usr/local + /var/db/pkg and start again followed by "pkg clean"

In the meantime, providing the output of "pkg -vv" may help.

The HowTo is slightly out of date as it doesn't handle pkg v1.2.x yet
(repo conf files exist and need to be installed).  I'm fairly sure
that's your issue, but you didn't respond to my previous mail on the topic.

John