debugging threads

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sun Dec 15 20:23:28 PST 2013

On Sunday, September 22, 2013 08:37:15 John Marino wrote:
> Yes it is fixable:
> 1) Using dports, install devel/gdb, which is gdb 7.6
>
> 2) Follow these instructions to run the testsuite on DragonFly, which
> takes a few hours actually:
> https://github.com/jrmarino/DPorts/wiki/Run-GDB-testsuite
>
> 3) Patch gdb to resolve failures, starting with the thread failures.
>
> 4) Feed the patches back to me so we can put them both in ports and
> update the gdb in base.

As I now have a working dports installation (and KDE runs MUCH faster than it
did in pkgsrc), I'm going to try to do this. First I ran "pkg add dejagnu" and
it asked me if I meant "pkg install dejagnu". So I did that. I got a bunch of
messages ending with

pkg: Skipping malformed dependency docbook-xml
pkg: Skipping malformed dependency docbook
pkg: package misc/kenny is built for dragonfly:3.8:* arch, and local arch is
dragonfly:3.8:x86:64
Incremental update completed, 0 packages processed:
20856 packages updated, 31 removed and 44 added.
pkg: No digest falling back on legacy catalog format
pkg: http://mirror-
master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:3.8:x86:64/LATEST/repo.txz: Not Found

Thinking that maybe the DNS is broken, I do this:

# host mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org
host: not found

"pkg search host" returns packages with "host" in their name, which isn't what
I want. How do I find which package contains the host command?

I replaced 192.168.7.10 (leopard's address when it's behind zyxomma) with
leopard's IPv6 address in /etc/resolv.conf and verify on caracal that querying
leopard on IPv6 works; I still can't get the txz file. The other address in
resolv.conf is apparently the nameserver on the satellite modem. IPv4 is
working properly, so that should work.

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.