Wanted: tutorial on dragonflybsd boot process

Ivan Uemlianin ivan at llaisdy.com
Fri Apr 19 00:43:31 PDT 2013

Dear All

Can anyone recommend a tutorial --- even a printed book! --- on what
goes on during the dragonflybsd boot?  Actually would prefer  printed
book.  How similar is it to other BSDs?

One of the things I'd like to do with installing and using dragonflybsd,
is learn about what the/an operating system does.  Learning about what
happens during boot seems like a good place to start.

(I've used and enjoyed linux for years, but never got deeply into the
operating system itself, which now seems increasingly distant and
inaccessible.)

With thanks and best wishes

Ivan

Ivan A. Uemlianin PhD