DPorts and gcc version

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Apr 15 08:19:12 PDT 2013

It's default for building DragonFly, but not necessarily for dports
items.  Since dports is based on FreeBSD ports, and they have never
had gcc 4.7 installed, some (many?) of these items are more likely to
build with 4.4 at this point, I imagine.

I recall John Marino did some setting of dports items to build with
one or the other, but I don't have the details.  In any case, this
isn't unexpected.