GCC 4.7.2 : Get it into DragonFly 3.2 or wait for 3.3 branch?

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Sep 25 08:21:53 PDT 2012

On 9/25/2012 17:10, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 14:34:20 John Marino wrote:
>> Unknown at this time, but there was significant regression in packages
>> after moving to gcc 4.4.  I don't expect much regression with 4.7
>> because NetBSD uses 4.5 and SunOS and Linux use 4.6 and even 4.7 now so
>> others are "blazing the trail" with respect to fixing GCC upgrade
>> regressions.
>>
>> This doesn't concern most users because the default compiler will be 4.4
>> until 4.7 is fully tested.  That will take some months and many package
>> builds.
>
> OK - what about the bug that's been keeping the 32-bit builds from completing?
>
> Pierre

I can only guess that you are referring to the wirecount bug.
That topic has nothing to do with this one.
During my builds a few weeks ago, I no longer get wirecount panics but
it's been replaced by a much less frequent "page not busy.4" panic:

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2296

i386 is much more usable under load now, but there's still a bug or two
loose in there.