Write failed: Broken pipe (ssh)

McLone mclone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:01:15 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Pierre Abbat <phma at bezitopo.org> wrote:
> netstat -t on caracal and it showed 13552 bytes trying to go to darner. I ran
> netstat -t on darner, and it showed no connection with caracal! A few minutes
> later the ktimetracker window vanished and I saw "Write failed: Broken pipe"
I guess only packet capture could fully reveal this.
tcpdump + tcptrace (or wireshark) come handy.

Also do You have something like SmokePing running all the time?
Pinging _after_ the [possible] packet loss would give You nothing.
I, for one, have mtr -nox11 running if I want to see those events.
But it requires You to keep an eye on it, unless all You want is
just statistics.

Is this wired or wireless connection?
What's in the router logs?
--
wbr,                        |\      _,,,---,,_           dog bless ya!