pkgsrcv2.git stopped syncing?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat May 12 14:33:02 PDT 2012

::Hi.
::
::The latest commit on pkgsrcv2.git is 8ce625e3, which is from
::9 days ago.  But I see more commits after this date on
::pkgsrc-changes at .
::  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-changes/
::
::Could someone take care of it?
::
::Best Regards,
::YONETANI Tomokazu.
:
:    Ok, working on it.  Grr, that thing is getting more fragile.
:    It's probably an incremental update failure of the CVS repo.
:
:						-Matt

    It should be fixed now (it fixed itself this morning, I didn't have
    to do anything).  The script was failing trying to do the incremental
    cvs checkout.

    e.g. from the logs:

U cvs-master/emulators/ucon64/patches/patch-af
U cvs-master/net/xymon/PLIST
U cvs-master/net/xymon/options.mk
cvs checkout: move away `cvs-master/print/LPRng/Makefile'; it is in the way
C cvs-master/print/LPRng/Makefile
cvs checkout: move away `cvs-master/print/LPRng-core/MESSAGE'; it is in the way
C cvs-master/print/LPRng-core/MESSAGE
... (repeat a hundred times) ...

    I'm not sure why this happens.  CVS somehow gets confused over what
    files are in the repo and what files are not, possibly due to catching
    an update in the middle or surgery done in the master cvs repo.

    This time it fixed itself.  Sometimes I have to blow the checkout away
    and let it re-checkout everything over again.

    Theoretically I could do a fresh rm -rf and checkout every time, but
    that seems really wasteful of crater's disk and time.  It already takes
    crater between 1 and 2 hours to run the cvs->git script so for now I
    am still leaving it set to do an incremental checkout.

					<dillon at backplane.com>