Xen/VM?

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado iam at juanfra.info
Thu May 10 11:34:52 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 08:04:33PM +0800, Alexey Zilber wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
>   Not sure if this is the right list to ask this in.  But is there any work
> on a Xen host for Dragonfly?  I would love to try it out on EC2, and HAMMER
> on EBS should be pretty sweet.

Hi. Yes, this is the correct list. Well, if you want use an OS on an Xen
provider, you only need Xen DomU support. It is not neccesary Xen Dom0
support (the Xen host).

Dfly doesn't support Xen. Some providers support HVM (not Amazon) and
you can give a try to dfly in this environment. I don't know if dfly
works on Xen HVM or not. Probably the performance will be poor.

I asked a similar question a few months ago
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2011-06/msg00061.html

Cheers.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info