Install DragonFlyBSD on 48 MB RAM

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Fri Mar 2 13:57:14 PST 2012

On 03/02/12 10:51, v_2e at ukr.net wrote:
> After that my new system booted properly into multi-user mode and now I
> can connect via SSH to it and more or less do what I want. :)

Glad it worked for you!

> P.S. After the installation I ran 'make pkgsrc-create' like
> DragonFlyBSD online documentation suggests, and it has been running for
> about 2 days already. :D

With this low of memory, I would strongly suggest either simply
using the public binary packages, or setting up another system
or VM as a build machine to build your own binary packages.

This will also come in handy if you want to do a system upgrade
from source, since you probably won't be able to build the system
on that low of memory without waiting quite a while due to swapping.

Cheers & Good Luck