cross-Compiling DFBSD on an Ubuntu machine.

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Sun Mar 11 15:08:48 PDT 2012

--90e6ba6e8398c6709a04bafedec4

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Alex Hornung <ahornung at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/03/12 18:14, karim.allah.ahmed at gmail.com wrote:
> > I've an Ubuntu machine ( oneiric ), Is it possible to cross-compile
> DFBSD ?
>
> In a nutshell: no, it isn't possible.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

To clarify: the build infrastructure would probably support it, perhaps
with minor modifications -- IF you had a properly working cross-compiler
and you were able to bootstrap all of the dependencies up through the
cross-tools build stage with that compiler on Linux. Nobody has done this
to my knowledge, so probably it would be a fair amount of work to actually
get it all working.

Best,
Sam

--90e6ba6e8398c6709a04bafedec4

pan dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:ahornung at gmail.com">ahornung at gmail.co=
n:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
ail.com">karim.allah.ahmed at gmail.com</a> wrote:<br>
> I've an Ubuntu machine ( oneiric ), Is it possible to cross-compil=
e DFBSD ?<br>
Cheers,<br>
Alex<br>
ably support it, perhaps with minor modifications -- IF you had a properly =
working cross-compiler and you were able to bootstrap all of the dependenci=
es up through the cross-tools build stage with that compiler on Linux. Nobo=
dy has done this to my knowledge, so probably it would be a fair amount of =
work to actually get it all working.</div>

--90e6ba6e8398c6709a04bafedec4--