system rebooted for no apparent reason

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Sat Mar 10 13:20:44 PST 2012

On 03/10/12 07:49, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>There was no kernel dump. How do I figure out what
> happened so that I can file a bug report?

I'm not good at debugging these kinds of crashes myself -
perhaps someone has some tips.

However - if your signing setup in any way involves 3.0+ and a
gpg-agent running as root - you might want to update from source
to latest master-or-3.0 patch branch before digging since there
are known issues with gpg-agent running as root that have
been fixed.

Also - if your KMail was running pinentry-curses - you might
want to change that to one of the graphical password prompts
to see if that changes things..

See also:

http://freebsd.kde.org/howtos/gnupg-kmail.php

which should fairly similar and discusses this.

Cheers,

- Chris