ntfs mount problems (dfly 3.0.2 + ntfsprogs)

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Jun 20 07:38:00 PDT 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:22:30 +0200, Raimundo Santos <raitech at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Okey,
>
> Now, part II:
>
> I was very happy copying my 234GB of data to the new and shiny PFS over
> my
> only-data 1TB disk, when circa 9GB copied, the system just freeze. Yes
> freeze in the normal sense: no interaction, no messages, no logs, just me
> alone with the hope that my backup external disk continues to have their
> data.

Does CTL-ALT-ESC work to drop to ddb? If it does and you are at the db>
prompt, please do 'call dumpsys' and see if it dumps (numbers counting and
hard disk activity). When it goes back to db>, you can 'reset'. The dump
will then be written to /var/crash (kern.xxx and vmcore.xxx) when the
system comes up again.

These files could help us figure out what the system was doing when it
froze.

Regards,
Sascha