XFCE based LiveDVD/IMG

Stéphane Russell srussell at prodigeinfo.qc.ca
Mon Jul 23 18:23:28 PDT 2012

Sascha Wildner a écrit :
> I have not yet verified how useful xsane is, or if it works at all.
In my case, xsane is working fine and allows me to use my ScanJet 3300C,
I'm really satisfied up to now.

My scanner don't work with /dev/uscanner0, so uscanner had to be
disabled in the kernel and the generic device was used instead.
Compiling sane without libusb might solve this problem, but I didn't try
it. My printer also have the same problem with ulpt, I have to use ugen
to use it.

Thus, at boot time, I get this:

ugen0: <Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. SCX-3200 Series, class 0/0, rev
2.00/1.00, addr 2> on uhub4
ugen1: <Hewlett-Packard HP ScanJet 3300C, class 0/0, rev 1.00/0.00, addr
2> on uhub0

I changed the permissions of /dev/usb0 and /dev/ugen1 accordingly to
allow users to use the scanner. But if the energy saving feature of my
printer takes the printer down and the computer reboots (after a power
outage for example), the printer is not detected at reboot, the scanner
then takes ugen0. The permissions are then wrong and the print spool
points to the scanner device. Until I find a better solution, my
workaround is to shut both devices and reconnect them in order.

With ugen, sane-find-scanner reports this:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=0x0205 [HP
ScanJet 3300C]) at libusb:/dev/usb0:/dev/ugen1

The configuration file hp.conf had to be changed to allow users to use
the scanner (otherwise only root could):
/dev/ugen1
/dev/usb0
   option connect-device

scanimage was freezing when the last two lines weren't there. I don't
know if the "option connect-device" is useful since sane-backends is
supposed to use libusb, but I didn't try it without it.

Hope this helps.

SR