seamonkey 2.10 from 2012Q2 pkgsrc build fails

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Fri Jul 20 00:06:10 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 08:49:44AM +0200, John Marino wrote:
> On 7/20/2012 06:23, Edward M wrote:
> >
> >trying to build seamonkey 2.10 from pkgsrc2012Q2
> >however, it fails with the following error:
> >
> >pkg_create: lstat failed for file
> >lib/seamonkey/extensions/inpector at mozilla.org/chrome/
> >icons/default/winInspectorMain.xpm: no such file or directory
> >**** Error code 2
[...]
> anyway, in general, Seamonkey builds on DragonFly, it just happened
> to be in a bad state for Q2.  You can always switch to the trunk
> branch.

Seamonkey-2.11 builds fine on DragonFly, this is purely a packaging error.

It's possible to use touch(1) to create the missing files and restart the
installation without rebuilding from scratch.

Alternatively, removing winInspectorMain.xpm and the other problematic file
(winInspectorMain16.xpm ?) from PLIST and recreating the checksums with
bmake mdi will fix the packaging list and allow seamonkey to be built and
installed from scratch.

For all I know this mistake has been fixed in pkgsrc -current.

--
Francois Tigeot