OpenJDK 1.7 build notes

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Tue Jan 24 13:37:18 PST 2012

Update:

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 05:57:54PM -0600, Chris Turner wrote:

> x64 built through 1.6, however am encountering some build errors on 1.7.
> These do seem to be build configuration errors, and not e.g. JVM runtime
> errors, so I suspect they will not be too hard to correct.

Got 1.7 to build properly on 64 bit from 1.6 without much tweaking -
basically the 'defs.make' needs to understand x86_64 as well
as amd64 - so for the impatient - follow the previous 1.4,1.5,1.6
bootstrap instructions +

  bmake configure
  <hack in x86_64 block to bsd defs make by copying the amd64 one>
  bmake install package

should yield a 1.7 install & package.

Am currently doing a sanity rebuild to make sure I've recorded all
of the changes, then will try a native 1.7 -> 1.7 hosted build -

If all is well there, will be working to get the patches / boostrap
tarballs in after that.

Cheers,

- Chris