OpenJDK 1.7 build notes

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Tue Jan 3 15:57:54 PST 2012

On 12/18/11 02:21, Chris Turner wrote:
> I'll also try to repeat the process on x64 and see where that goes
> as soon as I get a chance to get a build / test environment setup
> (probably a few weeks)

Update:

x64 built through 1.6, however am encountering some build errors on 1.7.
These do seem to be build configuration errors, and not e.g. JVM runtime
errors, so I suspect they will not be too hard to correct.

For those wanting any jdk on x64 - the makefiles previously announced
along with your own copy of the JDK source should build the 1.6 system,
with the exception that jdk 1.6 required a hack to the pkgsrc 'gcc' wrapper
to -I the correct directory for freetype (workdir-include/freetype iirc),
and for some reason the pkg_alternatives setup didn't work on my 1.6 package,
so to use you might need to link these in manually, etc.

However, I have run over my alloted time to proceed at the moment, so I
will likely be picking this up again in a few weeks time.

Cheers,

- Chris