Can someone look at a kernel crash dump?

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sat Feb 11 19:51:27 PST 2012

On Saturday, February 11, 2012 00:30:40 Thomas Nikolajsen wrote:
> >panic: assertion "m->wire_count > 0" failed in pmap_unwire_pte at
> >/usr/src/sys/platform/pc32/i386/pmap.c:1091
>
> This seems to match issue 2296 (panic: assertion "m->wire_count > 0"
> failed).
>
> What was you doing on your computer when this happened?
> (which programs were running, heavy load etc)

I don't remember. If someone had been available to look at the dump when it
happened, I probably would have remembered. I had the computer reboot several
times without a dump and was trying to track down what turned out to be the
linprocfs bug.

> Is this master or rel3_0 (or something else)?

master

> Has you seens this issue before & how often?

I've seen it before, but when it happened I didn't know what the issue was.
All I knew is that it rebooted and gave me a dump.

> (Please use bugs (www or bugs@) to report bugs; much easier to track)

I don't know what bug to file until someone looks at the dump. All I know is
that it reboots and either does or doesn't give me a dump.

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.