alc0: Atheros AR8131: Boot failed

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Sun Dec 23 14:17:06 PST 2012

On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:33:30 +0100, sad at bestmx.ru <sad at bestmx.ru> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a laptop "Acer 5635"
> And DFLY-i386-3.2.1
>
> and it refuses to boot.
> here is the screenshot
> http://i.imm.io/QcCg.jpeg
>
> Unfortunately i did not manage to obtain a crash dump
>> call dumpsys
> says "0" whithout a delay and nothing happen
>
> So (if the screenshot is not enough)
> whould you like to tell me what should i do to get a crash dump?
>
> P.S.
> x86_64 behaves in the same way

Two things:

1) Give us an image of the lower part of the backtrace

2) If you want a crash dump, compile a kernel without alc. At the time
when it initializes, the hard disk might not be properly initialized for
dumping. Then boot and 'kldload if_alc'. When it has crashed and is at the
db> prompt, do 'call dumpsys'. It should countdown some numbers. Then you
can 'reset'. On the next boot it should save the dump to /var/crash. You
can pack it and put it up somewhere for inspection.

Thanks,
Sascha