fails to mount root

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Mon Aug 13 18:16:04 PDT 2012

On Monday 13 August 2012 20:46:19 Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Hmm.  Well, that's clearly a software bug but I'm not sure what
>     is causing the lock to be lost.  The debugger backtrace isn't
>     consistent.  I would love to get a kernel core out of this but
>     it's too early in the boot sequence.
>
>     Antonio will have a patch for a boot-time tunable that will bypass
>     the hammer2 recovery code tomorrow sometime.

OK, thanks. Could you or he compile the kernel and put it somewhere where I
can download it? I can't compile the kernel until I can mount root on that
box. It's a 32-bit Pentium with multiple cores; I'm using the generic build.

I just got it to mount the encrypted partition :) There's a program I was
working on shortly before it rebooted, and the latest code is there, and only
there.

Pierre
--
gau do li'i co'e kei do