3.0.2 -- pkg_radd problem

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:52:15 PDT 2012

I've installed 3.0.2 (x86_64) on a mini-itx machine I built around an
Intel D510MO Atom motherboard. I chose hammer over ufs. When I
installed the system, I set up the network using a static IP address,
not dhcp. I mention this because it may be relevant to the little
story I'm about to tell.

After getting the system up and running, I installed pkgsrc

# cd /usr
# make pkgsrc-create

But having done this, any attempt to use pkg_radd results in

pkg_add: /var/db/pkg/isc-dhcp-4.2.3p2/+CONTENTS: No such file or directory

Indeed, the /var/db/pkg/isc-dhcp-4.2.3p2 directory is empty.

I'm suspicious this may be related to my decision not to use dhcp, but
that's just a guess.

Any ideas?

/Don Allen