Protecting ROOT / from filling up due to PFS mirror-copy from de-duplicated PFSes

Siju George sgeorge.ml2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:17:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a 500G Disk on my master backup server with the Following PFses
containing de-duped data.

Backup3                   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00005   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/Data
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00001   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/VM-Backup
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00002   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/mysql-baks
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00004   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/software
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00003   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/svn-baks
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00006   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/vms1-lxc
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00007   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/vms2-lxc
/Backup3/pfs/@@-1:00008   464G   290G   174G    62%    /Backup3/aws-bak

I mirrored all these PFSes to corresponding slave PFSes in ROOT of
another dragonfly server with 500GB
The Disk in the second server filled up and free space in /partition became -973

Can some kind of checks be done so that ROOT does not fill up due to
PFS mirroring?
Also will HAMMER2 have some kind of feature to preserve the de duped
effect while mirroring?

Thanks :-)

Siju