powernow not working on AMD Athlon XP Mobile

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 09:41:50 PDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Maurizio Lombardi
<m.lombardi85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking at the DFly BSD powernow and the FreeBSD's powernow
> drivers differences.
> If I'm not wrong, the DFly powernow does not support the K7
> architecture, is it correct?

Under most of the cases, powernow kernel module is outdated, you
should use acpi p-states if possible.
It looks like acpi p-states do exist, but lacking CPU driver.  Could
you post the dmesg?
Or at least post the lines like following one (usually at the beginning of ):
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor (2200.09-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x100f23  Stepping = 3

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Tomorrow Will Never Die