Gconf error

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sat Oct 15 20:55:47 PDT 2011

On Saturday 15 October 2011 05:10:08 Chris Turner wrote:
> On 10/12/11 16:35, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; the most common
> > cause is a missing or misconfigured D-Bus session bus daemon. See
> > http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed
> > to get connection to session: Unexpected lack of content trying to read a
> > line)
>
> you might try running this with truss(1) and see where there are errors /
> what files are touched, etc.

I doubt I'll be able to make sense of that; I don't know what dbus and gedit
are supposed to say to each other, or which to run truss on. I'll just wait
for the latest binaries to finish uploading and go back to kwrite.

I was wondering where strace (Linux command) was in DFly. I knew of ktrace,
but it's not the same. I wouldn't have thought of "truss", as that to me is a
part of a roof, a bridge, or other structures.

Pierre

--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.