UFS in CF for /boot and Hammer for the rest and failover+load balancing
garbytrash at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 02:55:01 PDT 2011
I am pretty new to Dragonfly or BSD world. HammerFS seems to be very
innovative. Thanks to Matt and team for their hard work.
I would like to do something with Hammer+UFS like the following,
inspired by Paul's work
(http://www.psconsult.nl/talks/NLLGG-BSDdag-Servers/), but could not
figure out exactly:
1) Creation of a server with a jail with minimal downtime as offered
by nanobsd scripts in FreeBSD. Two failover kernels. Is there such
scripts for DragonflyBSD?
2) I want to have the minimal boot (ro UFS) and configurations like
that of the nanobsd image on a compact flash while the entire root and
data in an array of HDDs (at least 4) with of course an SSD for
swapcache. The latter could be Hammer to avoid softraid.
3) All HDDs should be encrypted with AES256 (I could not find whether
DragonflyBSD supports that), and accessible either in the /boot of CF
or somewhere else (could be ssh tunneled from another network).
4) I could not figure out the features of jail available for
DragonflyBSD. FreeBSD-9-CURRENT has the resource containers
(http://wiki.freebsd.org/Hierarchical_Resource_Limits). Are they
applicable in DragonflyBSD's case.
5) Is there any way that the two similar servers in two different
locations can securely mirror for failover as well as load-balancing?
Appreciate your thoughtful inputs! Apology in advance if my post above
appears to be pretty naive. Thanks in advance to the entire DF
community and developers!
More information about the Users